It seems all I’m writing these days are My Life in Hell posts, so let’s switch that up, shall we?
1. I’ve signed up on Bloggersbase and have posted a few blogs there. It’s a weekly competition that could end in some cash if I get enough votes (hint, hint). Yes, you have to sign up to vote, but hey, you can leave comments, too! Here’s the latest: Media: “Film Review: Taken” by @Jinxie_G – www.bit.ly/D4QVj Voting ends on Thursdays, I think. When I have some more time, I’ll write up some new stuff.
2. I’ve discovered recently that I’m going to have to outline my rewrite of Wolf’s Bane: Blood Moon. I am not happy about this. I don’t outline unless it’s for a school paper. My outlines for novels come after the fact, not before.
3. Did I mention that I hate outlining?
4. The reason for that is because I’m a pantser, not a plotter.
5. That sounds really bad at this hour.
6. Actually, I think that sounds really bad at any hour.
7. I am still querying Nemesis and have received a few rejections thus far, but I’ve rewritten the query and it sounds MUCH better now, so I’ll continue to query until I find someone who’s interested in it because this book needs to get out there! I’ve received some great responses from beta readers.
8. One agent has responded but not yet rejected. Waiting, waiting…
9. The query process is kind of a pain in the ass, but I know it will pay off down the road. And really, it’s not so much sending out the queries as it is doing all the hours of research to make sure you’re getting everything in the submission guidelines correct for EACH agent. I’ve resorted to having everything I need prepared and leaving a tab open linked to AgentQuery.com as I skim through the agents listed for my genre, and then emailing each one individually with the required information.
10. Some want a one-page synopsis. Some want three pages. Some want 3, 5, or 10 pages of the first chapter. Some only want the query letter itself. Can’t we all agree on this, please?
11. Shut up, Nichelle!
12. Yes, that’s my real name.
13. And speaking of genre, I don’t normally write women’s fiction, but I’ve discovered I’m pretty damn good at it. My partner in crime for the ‘zine, Sharon Gerlach (aka Siobhan MacIntyre), is pretty damn good at it, too. (Oh who am I kidding? I write romance into EVERYTHING!)
14. I really should write up another post on the Forever Nocturne blog, since we have an issue coming up soon.
15. Considering a Tweet horror contest on Twitter for it. Horror in 140 characters or less! That was inkgypsy‘s idea. Thanks chica!
16. I still haven’t found a job yet, and yes, I’m still working on it. July is going to be a tough month.
17. And now I must get back to work… oh crap, it’s 2 AM.
18. Okay, I’ll send out a couple of queries, and THEN I’ll go to bed.
20. One last thing: working on a new blog (not mine, but I’m participating). Details to follow soon.
21. I’m the busiest unemployed person I know. Somebody really should pay me for this shit. =p
22. G’night for realz this time.
2 thoughts on “Switch It Up!”
I love you Nichelle Jinxie-Q Gervasio-lady. I will vote as often as you tell me you have a postie. Thanks for all you've done for me. =)
As one of your said beta readers, I must agree that Nemesis needs to be on shelves. It hooked me from sentence one. I am so glad that you are out there working your nocturnal butt off. Just wish you were getting paid for it as well.
Comments are closed.