Good evening! I know, this post is a tad late today. I had an appointment with the neurologist this morning, which means I stayed up all night, which also means I just woke up from a 4-hour nap. I also spent a good portion of this morning before and after my doctor appointment working on something important after spending a good chunk of my evening checking in on a sick friend. Hence, the late post.
Anyway, I’ve decided to post my Christmas Wish List, just because I feel like it…
1) I would like for Water.org to meet any end-of-year goals. You can help with that by clicking on that link. It’s an amazing project founded by Matt Damon and Gary White. There are 2.5 billion people without clean water in the world and a child dies every 20 seconds from a water-related disease. Let’s change that.
2) I wish that every child on every angel Christmas tree receives a present. They’re in the malls around your town. Go, pick a name, and make a child smile on Christmas day.
3) I would love it if you supported indie authors and purchased a book or two for your Kindle. Go, browse the books and buy one, and make an indie author smile.
4) That maybe one less family in the world will go hungry. They say you can give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but if you teach a man to fish, you feed him for a lifetime. Along the lines of the Water.org project, this one gives families a fruit tree rather than a fruit basket, a goat rather than a few cuts of meat or a container of milk. Help a family feed themselves somewhere in the world.
5) That more of you will look into renewable energy and help save our planet. I know most of you can’t be bothered with thinking about this, but maybe you could think about your children, or your grandchildren, and what kind of world you’re leaving them. It really doesn’t take much to start. Recycle. Use less electricity by turning off lights for rooms not in use. Step out of your comfort zone and look at the world around you. Open your eyes. What do you see? Don’t like it? Be the one to change it.
6) Enjoy those around you, your loved ones, the ones who know you inside and out, who love you regardless of the mistakes you’ve made in life. I know that might sound odd coming from someone who disowned a quarter of her family, but believe me when I say that I dearly love those family members I still have, and I even love a few of the ones who think they were disowned.
5 thoughts on “What I Want for Christmas”
Love those wishes! I plan on the indie author one for sure!
Thank you, Kaitlin! And Happy Christmas!
Great list. You can add ebook authors to the indie? ; ) I get you on the family. I love all my family, just some are better loved from further away. It’s healthier for everyone that way. ; ) I hope you have a great Christmas! : 0 )
You too, Shawna! =) And yes, I meant ebook authors too.
Comments are closed.