Let’s see if I can stay awake long enough to write this post. You laugh, but I’m dead serious. I keep dozing off. I hate it. Anyway …
1. Sunday – got robbed at the ER of $15, a pack of smokes, and my fucking iPod (can you tell I’m still bitter about the iPod? Of course I am because it had every one of my novel’s playlists on it and more music than I will ever be able to replace).
2. Monday – late for work and spent most of the day in excruciating pain even though I was taking meds.
3. Tuesday – got fired. Oddly enough, it was for a similar reason as the last job I had and also while I was in excruciating pain with a pinched sciatic nerve. Awesome!
4. Wednesday – slept most of the day because I was drugged up and I think catching up on a good majority of the sleep I lost while working.
5. Thursday – Kitty’s mom arrived for a visit. This is the only thing that wasn’t bad, but I think I hurt myself working on cleaning up around the house, even though I couldn’t do much.
6. Friday – muscle spasms started again and I’m out of meds specifically for that. Really don’t want to go to the ER again. Heard from Umi that Akhi also lost his job. WTF?
7. Saturday – just went to deposit my last paycheck and the ATM rejected it. Lovely. Also learned that my friend Snoopy lost her job. Is this the week for firing people or what?
I barely have enough money to cover rent and car insurance. I could eBay quite a few things, but my luck there doesn’t seem to be working well so I list and list and list, nothing sells, and I get hit with listing fees. So now what do I do? I can start writing the boring articles again on Monday (if I can find my damn login page) and hope enough of them get approved to give me some money mid-month in November. And then I’ll keep writing the boring articles while I apply for disability … again.
I’d really like to edit and write, but the meds have my brain so foggy and make me drowsy that I keep falling asleep in the midst of editing and writing. Makes it rather difficult to finish anything, like Nemesis.
I can tell you this … I’m really tired of playing this game over and over. There’s got to be some sort of reprieve at some point, right? Or is this what it’s going to be like the rest of my life? Domino effect … one bad thing after another. Why can’t it be one good thing after another?
Yeah. I’ll see what I can do, but some of the things that need to be done are difficult when you’re in a lot of pain. Guess I’ll just have to force myself through it, as always.