I woke up this morning (afternoon, really) to an email from my blog with a lovely little message that started out as, “You’re going to hate me for this …” and that my friends, never sounds good, regardless of what follows it. I thought, “Oh dear God, what now?” and continued reading. Alas, I have been tagged for two blog awards by Adrien-Luc Sanders, whom I promptly hunted down on Twitter (@smoulderingsea). But hey, it gives me something to do and keeps my mind distracted from things I don’t want to think about.
The Sunshine Award, really? You do realize I’m nocturnal, right? Look to the left in the bio, it says NOCTURNAL. No sunshine here, folks. It hurts my eyes too much. I say this after just closing the blinds because Umi doesn’t realize (or remember after this many years) that I’m photosensitive. So when I say I hide in a cave, it’s fairly accurate, although my cave as of late is much brighter and probably why I’m not sleeping well these days. Must. Find. Job. In. Order. To. Move. The only phone calls I’m getting are from creditors and people who want to hire me for a sales position. Lovely. I don’t do sales, folks. Leave me alone.
Yeah. So, the rules for this bright shiny award are as follows:
*Put the logo on your blog in your post.
*Pass the award onto 12 bloggers.
*Link the nominees within your post.
*Let the nominees know they have received this award by commenting on their blogs.
*Share the love and link to the person from whom you received this award.
Now to go find 12 of you unsuspecting twits. That’s right, I’m attacking on Twitter! HA! Why, you ask? Because Adri took TWO of my best friends and I’m not going to Double Tap them because I’m cool like that. I know some of you won’t respond, and that’s fine. I needed the distraction today, although HC might kick my ass later.
Wow, I didn’t think I’d be able to come up with 12 of you. Shocker!
Next, the Creative Writer award. Who makes up these things anyway? Whatever. The rules for this one are as follows:
1. I am to thank the person who tagged me. (Thank you Adri, you little shit.)
2. Copy and paste the award on my blog. (There it is to the side)
3. Link to the person who nominated me (Already done at the beginning)
4. Tell up to 6 lies about myself and one truth. (This’ll be fun)
5. Tag at least 7 people for this award. (Some of you are getting hit twice)
6. Post links to their blogs.
7. Comment on each of their blogs to inform them of the nomination. (As soon as I’m done writing this post)
Now, here are my lies and one truth:
1. I’m an atheist who practices witchcraft. Makes sense, right? No, that does not make me a Satanist.
2. My picture was in the town paper about the first day of first grade the day after school started. A little girl crying and being comforted by her mother. Yep, that’s me!
3. I’m really a cowgirl and love country music and two-stepping it.
4. Just like my character, Nemy, I have worked as a bartender in a strip club. Unlike Nemy, I’m not in a man-hating phase.
5. I’ve been the proud owner of a 15ft. Burmese Python.
6. Snakes don’t bother me at all. Neither do other various sorts of desert dwelling creatures, which is why I don’t mind living in Hell.
7. My real name is Nicole. I just made up the Nichelle because I grew up watching Star Trek.
Now to pass this award on to seven of you lucky bloggers. Here, some of you are getting Double Tapped:
And off I freakin’ go to leave all of these damn comments.